SENIOR NIGHT - GIRLS’ TENNIS vs. Presentation @ Central Park (3:30 pm)
Senior prom tickets are on sale in room 221 - after school or during W3 ONLY! Tickets are $45 for seniors through this Friday April 21, after that they are $50. All guests are $50, you must have a guest form for non-Manual guests.
SOFTBALL vs. Male @ Home (Varsity – 5:00 pm, JV – 6:30 pm)
BOYS’ TENNIS vs. Ballard @ Central Park (3:30 pm)
GIRLS’ TENNIS vs. Collegiate @ Seneca Park (4:00 pm)
YPAS Spring Dance Informance @ PRP is this Thursday, April 20 @ 6:30 p.m.
• The renovation of the YPAS building and auditorium is nearing completion, however, there were not enough funds provided by JCPS to provide an "orchestra shell" inside the auditorium. The Orchestra Shell is essential to properly reflect sound for performances on stage. The Producers, the parent organization for YPAS, have kicked off a crowd fund-raising campaign by donating $55,000 of the $200,000+ cost needed for the new orchestra shell. Please visit www.YouCaring.com and make any donation amount possible. Manual/YPAS students and families, we truly need your support and donations to make this new orchestra shell a reality to benefit our very talented students!
• Additionally, you still have the opportunity to "Name Your Seat" in the YPAS auditorium. Honor a YPAS/Manual student, pay tribute to a special teacher, memorialize a friend or leave a message of encouragement. A special "Unveiling Reception" will be held on Wednesday, May 10th at 7:00pm for you to see and sit in your seat! FREE event, courtesy of The Producers!
• (Attached are flyers about the both the orchestra shell fund-raising and "Name Your Seat". Flyers are also available in both the Manual and YPAS offices.)
• We would like your help to support students by providing snacks to be given to those taking end of course (EOC) exams. Here is the link to order items: http://dupontmanual.com/manualptsa/eoc-exam-snacks-needed/ Students will take End of Course Assessments in Algebra II, Biology, English 10, and U.S. History. Snacks are requested to ensure all students have eaten and are hydrated before tackling exams. The score each student receives is calculated into student’s final grade and is part of the Kentucky State Accountability System for Manual.
• Next week April 24-28 is School Hero Lunch Week - celebrating school nutrition employees by showing thanks and appreciation for them! We would like to encourage everyone to get involved by making cards, posters and more.
• Louisville Academy is a New Opportunity for Juniors Only! Students attend 1/2 day at Manual High School
and 1/2 day at The University of Louisville. (see Ms. Johnston in the Guidance Office or pick up information packet in Main Office)
• AP TESTING VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - During AP exam testing May 1 - May 12, we need MANY volunteers to help testing run smoothly and efficiently. No experience required. Please click on the link provided to sign up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050a44aeaa28a02-aptesting1
• Seniors – PROJECT GRADUATION Registration Forms are on their way to your home mailbox! This is THE DuPont Manual graduation party and the whole class will be there – don’t be left out!! Turn your forms into the main office by the registration deadline of May 22nd. Please fill them out in their entirety and, yes, a parent signature is required even if you are over 18 (JCPS mandated). Weekly prize drawings will be held for students who turn their forms in by April 28th, May 4th and May 12th. Copies of the registration form, party details and rules are include with these announcements. Parents, don’t forget we need TONS of volunteers and donations to make this party the celebration our seniors deserve (a sign-up/donation form is attached)!!! For questions, please email email@example.com.
• Last VA Senior Show "TEA: a Group Show" -- in the Norma Brown Gallery and runs thru April 27th. Featuring the artwork of Kristen Blevins, Arlette Kagaba, September Love, Aryana Nolden, Tommy Phan, Olivia Shircliff, Juliet Taylor and Kaliah Watterson. Please join us as we celebrate.
• Last day for students to check out or renew books in the library is May 1st and May 19 is the last day the library will be open for student use.
• YPAS is hosting our 2nd Annual Oaks Day Theater Camp. The camp is taught by YPAS theater faculty and students on Friday, May 5 from 11-7. (Please see attached flyer for all details and to register)
• Annual One Blue Wall Open Mic Night and Release for our 2017 issue, "Opalescence". All are welcome to this event on Friday, May 12 from 6-8 pm in the Senior Cafeteria. Sign ups to read/perform will be at the door of the event. Admission is $5.00 at the door and magazines will be distributed and sold.
• Juniors & Seniors - if you have any obligations,owed fees or books, you MUST take care of them before purchasing your prom tickets.
• Junior Prom is Friday, April 28 at Mellwood Arts Center from 8-12. Tickets are $35 for DMHS Juniors and $40 for all others. Ticket sales are April 25-27. You MUST have a picture ID in order to enter the dance.
• Seniors - make song requests for prom at: https://tinyurl.com/glrspyp
• Graduation Date has been set for May 24th @ 8:00pm at Freedom Hall.
• Earth Day Fest is Friday, April 21 from 2:30-3:45 in the Freshman Cafeteria. Free Food, Awesome Activities, and Smoothies.
• Fri-BASEBALL vs. Butler @ Derby City Field (Varsity – 5:30 pm)
• Fri-GIRLS’ LACROSSE – Braveheart Tournament @ Sacred Heart
• Fri-BOYS’ & GIRLS’ TRACK & FIELD – Eastern Relays @ University of Louisville
• Sat-BASEBALL vs. Marion County @ Manual Stadium (Varsity – 11:30 am)
• Sat-BOYS’ LACROSSE @ Lexington Sayre (JV – 10:30 am, Varsity – 12:00 pm)
• Sat-GIRLS’ LACROSSE – Braveheart Tournament @ Sacred Heart
• Sat-SOFTBALL – Crimson Triangle @ Home (Manual vs. Fairdale – 11:00 am, Manual vs. Boone County – 2:30 pm)
• Sat-BOYS’ TENNIS – Derby City Tennis Classic @ Top Gun Academy
• Sat-BOYS’ & GIRLS’ TRACK & FIELD – Eastern Relays @ University of Louisville
• Sun-GIRLS’ LACROSSE – Braveheart Tournament @ Sacred Heart
• Sun-BOYS’ TENNIS – Derby City Tennis Classic @ Top Gun Academy ______________________________________
Attachments available for 30 days until Friday, May 19, 2017:
YPAS-OaksCamp poster 2017.pdf
Orchestra Shell flyer.docx
Name Your Seat Campaign - May 3 2017.docx
PG-Donation flyer registr form.docx
PG-Registration form Rules.docx ______________________________________