A special student and teacher screening of "I am Not Your Negro," the award winning documentary film based on the writings of African-American author James Baldwin, occurs THIS Wednesday after school at the Speed Museum Cinema, at 3pm. All 11 previous screenings at the museum sold out! Tickets are $7 at the door.
YPAS Band Concert Tuesday 3/7 @ 7 pm on the YPAS Mainstage
GIRLS’ LACROSSE @ Bryan Station (JV White – 6:00 pm)
• YPAS Jazz Ensemble Concert 3/9 @ 7 pm on the YPAS Mainstage.
• Senior VA show "Night Vision" Opening Reception is Thursday, March 9 from 3-6pm in the Norma E. Brown Art Gallery. Featuring the artwork of Ally Doctrow, David Ferreira, Morgan Betsill, Charlie Bosco, Coby McClendon, Leigh Nicholson, Dillon Pinholster, Logan Smith, Sophia Smith, All are welcome to attend.
• New Works Festival (performances are all written, directed and performed by Manual students) on Friday, March 10 @ 7:30 p.m.
• New Works Festival (performances are all written, directed and performed by Manual students) on Saturday, March 11 @ 7:30 p.m.
• Win a pizza party for your homeroom! Drop off new or gently used books to Ms. Dix (room 331) between Monday, 3/3 and Friday, 3/10.
• The Bookstore will be open 10:50-12:30 Monday-Friday or by request.
• FRESHMEN AP CAPSTONE Writing assessment on Wednesday, March 15th, or Thursday, March 16th @ 2:30. Applicants must attend one of the 45 minute sessions in the AUDITORIUM.
• SAVE THE DATE:
Don't Miss College 101 Night on March 15th from 5pm-8pm! This free event will offer the Manual community the opportunity to learn in detail about:
- The College Application/Admission Process
- Financial Aid Options & Applying for Scholarships
- The Differences Between the ACT and SAT
- Playing College (NCAA) Sports
- The Performing Arts Audition Process
- Transition Services for Students with IEPs or 504 Plans
Come hear presentations from College Admissions Officers, Manual's Guidance Counselors, and several other local college test preparation experts. Please join us for an informative evening.
All students and parents are encouraged to attend.
• Science Fair volunteers needed on March 10 & 11. Go to http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090b45aeac2fa02-manualmeyzeek to sign up. Thanks for your help.
• Spanish Honor Society is accepting applications from sophomores and junior until March 31st. Applicants must have a minimum 3.5 GPA overall and in Spanish and be enrolled in Spanish 2 or higher.
Induction will be April 17th. There is a $20 induction fee for new members. Pick up applications outside of room 239.
• The PTSA is awarding a special $600 scholarship to a graduating GAP or ECE student. To be considered, student MUST be a: Graduating senior in good standing from Manual High School, in good standing of the Manual PTSA, GAP (underrepresented or “at risk”) or ECE student. (Please see attached flyer below for all details)
• Thurs-SOFTBALL – Scrimmage vs. Greenwood @ Elizabethtown (5:30 pm)
• Thurs-BOYS’ & GIRLS’ TRACK & FIELD – Practice Meet @ St. Xavier (4:15 pm)
• Fri-ARCHERY – March Madness Classic @ Jeffersontown High School
• Fri-BOYS’ LACROSSE @ Kentucky Country Day (Varsity – 7:30 pm)
• Fri-GIRLS’ LACROSSE @ Sacred Heart (FR – 5:00 pm, JV Red – 6:00 pm, Varsity – 7:30 pm)
• Sat-ARCHERY – March Madness Classic @ Jeffersontown High School
• Sat-BASEBALL vs. Oldham County @ Derby City Field (FR DH – 11:00 am, 1:00 pm)
• Sat-BOYS’ LACROSSE vs. Covington Catholic @ Manual Stadium (Varsity – 1:00 pm, JV – 3:00 pm)
• Sat-GIRLS’ LACROSSE @ Mercy (Varsity vs. Oldham County – 1:00 pm, JV Red vs. Mercy – 2:30 pm)
• Sat-SOFTBALL – Scrimmage vs. Pulaski County @ George Sauer Athletic Complex (1:00 pm)
• Sat-BOYS’ TENNIS vs. McCracken County @ Seneca Park (10:00 am) ______________________________________
Attachments available for 30 days until Thursday, April 06, 2017:
College 101 Flyer - March 15 2017.pdf
No Barriers Scholarship.pdf ______________________________________