duPont Manual Admsissions Information
The application process for duPont Manual will begin November 1, 2016.
This is when all the forms will be available for download at dupontmanual.com.
The JCPS online form must be filled out no later than January 6, 2017 to be considered for middle and high school placement for the 2017-2018 school year. The completed application packet needs to be submitted to Manual no later than January 13, 2017.
Manual will NOT be accepting incomplete application packets. Please make sure that you have all required forms
completed and turned in on time for acceptance consideration. Click here for a downloadable checklist of all application
Our 8th grade open house will be November 3, 2016 from 6:30 - 8:00pm. Other Magnet specific materials are due to Manual by posted due dates, see Detailed Admissions Information.
Selection of Students
Students are selected to attend duPont Manual in a competitive process that evaluates achievement test scores, academic achievement, personal essays, teacher recommendations, as well as portfolios and performing arts auditions. Jefferson County residents are not charged tuition. Residency in Jefferson County is required for admission to duPont Manual High School. Applicants apply to their preferred magnet and application materials vary. YPAS applicants will be contacted for an audition. Applications and other materials required for admission to duPont Manual can be found at the admission forms page.
Options and Magnets Showcase of Schools @ Kentucky International Convention Center
-October 28, 2016 3:00pm - 7:00pm
-October 29, 2016 10:00am- 3:00pm
Manual Admission Dates
- 10/28 & 10/29 - JCPS Showcase of Schools
- 10/31 - JCPS Open Enrollment period begins/JCPS online application opens
- 11/3 - Manual 8th Grade Open House
- 11/18 - Visual Art and Math/Science/Technology Early Review application packets deadline
- 1/6 - JCPS Open Enrollment period ends/JCPS online application deadline
- 1/13 - Manual application packet deadline
- Mid-March - Application decisions mailed
All items listed below are required for application to duPont Manual High School:
- JCPS Online Application Form
- Manual Application and Contact Information Form
- Recommendation Forms
- Activities and Interest Survey
- MST Specific Recommendation Form
- HSU Community Recommendation Form
- HSU Teacher Recommendation Forms
- Copy of the applicant's school transcript (non-JCPS students only, middle school only)
- Attendance Records (non-JCPS students only, middle school only)
- Any standardized test scores (non-JCPS students only)
- Please check the admission page for the Magnet you are applying for
(each Magnet has different requirements and specific criteria)
If you prefer to submit Manual's forms electronically, please click here.
If you take this route, you do not need to submit paper copies of Manual's forms.