On Saturday, March 4, The Crimson Mission, Inc. hosted the 2nd Annual Growing the Mission Gala at the historic Henry Clay Building in downtown Louisville. Over 300 Manual friends and family attended this year’s Gala.
Guests were engaged throughout the evening:
- Entertainment was provided by incredibly talented Manual YPAS students Nick Koenig, Gabe Wiest, Hannah Wagers, Harin Oh, Colin Crothers, Brooke Lynch, Geda Miles, Jeremiah Potter, Sam Feinstein, Camron Gooden, and Ford Smith.
- Browsing and bidding on numerous silent auction items donated by generous Manual families and community friends led to friendly teasing about “upping the bid.”
- Chances for the Red/Blue challenge were purchased to win an autographed basketball from UofL or UK.
- Two signature cocktails were created for the event: Tito’s Vodka and Jaegermeister each developed a cocktail specifically for the Gala.
Kicking off the evening were Crimson Mission Board President Sondra Wojciak, and Crimson Mission Executive Director (and Assistant Principal) Greg Kuhn with a warm welcome. The Growing the Mission Gala happens because of many hands, and the Gala Planning Committee members were recognized: Carol Haddad, Miechelle Abma, Karen Draper, Amy Kopp, Kelly Hanson, Jean Nusz, Holly Bliss, Shannon Conlin, Nanci Overstreet, Diana Tufaro, Jennifer Adams, and the Crimson Mission Board.
Mr. Kuhn read a welcome from Principal Jerry Mayes who was unable to attend due to illness. Manual parents Kirby Adams and Andy Treinen returned as entertaining hosts for the evening.
The Crimson Mission recognized four individuals for their contributions to duPont Manual: Carol Haddad, Friend of Manual; Dennis Robinson, Educator; Wes Jackson, Alumni; and Mick Motley, Athletics. A profile of these dedicated Manual contributors will be in subsequent POSTs.
New to the Gala this year was a Live Auction. Kirby and Andy led the bidding on some great items:
- Reserved parking spot for one year in Manual’s courtyard
- Vacation rental for eight in St George Island, Florida
- One-of-a-kind Manual Adirondack chairs painted by talented VA students
- Private dinner for six with Chef John Varanese
The Gala was a wonderful evening of camaraderie and FUNdraising for the entire Manual community. Please thank our sponsors for their support:
The Marsh Family; Vidya Ravichandran and Glow Touch Technologies
Jean Nusz and Partners in Women’s Health; Dr. Patti Weigel of Educational Resources; Anne Cieminski of Treyton Oak Towers; Tom Drexler Plumbing and Remodeling; JR & Amy Streeter of Susan’s Florist; the Jennifer Lanham Family; and the Sterling & Amy Lapinski Family.
Plan on attending this fun night that supports Manual success at the 3rd Annual Growing the Mission Gala next spring.