Welcome to the Manual PTSA website!
My name is Robin Weiss. This is my third year on the Manual PTSA Board of Directors, and I am honored to serve a second term as your President for the 2017-18 school year. My son graduated from Manual in 2016; I have a daughter in the class of 2019, and twins who will be freshmen this year.
The National PTA was founded in 1897 in order to advocate for students and support parent involvement. When parents are involved with their children’s education, student achievement increases, school environments improve, and communities grow stronger.
To further this mission, we have developed a strong organizational structure and a variety of communication tools, including:
- a 50+ member Board of Directors
- an informative website and blog
- an e-newsletter
- a Facebook group*, Twitter feed, and Instagram account.
*Please note that our Facebook group is ‘closed’ to allow for more freedom of discourse, which means an Admin must approve your join request. It is very important that you check your ‘Message Requests’ and respond with the information requested.
In order to support the many needs of the school, we need your help. If enough parents and community members contribute their time, talent, and/or treasure, we can produce and fund a wide variety of programs. Here is how you can help:
- Register your student(s), yourself and other family members, and invite all the adults, Manual alumni, and businesses you know to do the same.
- Make a donation in any amount to the PTSA program budget (it is easy to do this by clicking the DONATE button on our home page, or in person at Registration, Open House, or any time in the school office…we even take plastic!)
- Volunteer to help from home, at a special event, &/or during the school day.
- Volunteer for &/or donate to Project Graduation, an event that helps keep all of our seniors safe on their graduation night.
You are welcome to all PTSA meetings, and it is also easy to be involved outside of the meeting times. For meeting dates and times, click here. Please take time to tour this website. If you don’t find what you are looking for, email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.
Robin Elise Weiss, PhD, MPH, CPH, LCCE
duPont Manual PTSA President