Pratt Institute 2017 Summer PreCollege Program in Art
The Pratt Institute 2017 Summer PreCollege Program provides high school students with rigorous college level art, design and creative thinking courses, modeled after Pratt Institute’s undergraduate offerings. Classes are taught by Pratt faculty who are committed to sharing their expertise in the fields of art and design. Students enrolled in credit bearing PreCollege classes receive elective credits accepted at Pratt and most colleges and universities. Participating students will have the opportunity to:
- Explore the possibility of studying art, design, architecture, creative writing, or critical and visual studies at the college level.
- Confirm that this is the subject you want to study in college.
- Develop your skills through college-level coursework, using a variety of tools, materials, and techniques.
- Develop a body of work for your portfolio for admission to college.
- Meet other students who share your interests.
- Get a preview of the college experience.
Click here for more information and to download application materials.
The Wooldridge Family Scholarship
This scholarship, valued at $250, is a one-time gift given to a duPont Manual/ YPAS graduating senior who will be attending a Christian University, Christian College or pursuing the ministry. The scholarship is in honor of Donald C. Wooldridge (Class of 1952) and presented by Larry A. Wooldridge (Athletic Director, Assistant Principal, Principal 2002-2013), Denise Wooldridge, Ian Wooldridge (Class of 2011), Andy Wooldridge (Class of 2012), and Riley Wooldridge. Interested applicants must submit a resume and an essay of 250 words or less detailing why they are attending a Christian school or pursuing the ministry. A committee will select an annual recipient and the award will be presented at the annual “duPont Manual Senior Award Night.”
Please submit your essay and resume to Mr. Robinson no later than the close of school on Thursday, March 9, 2017.
Read moreScholarships and Opportunities: Week of February 27