Are you interested in serving, but your schedule doesn’t allow you to physically attend meetings/events on campus, or be available at specific times during the day? Do you wish you knew more about what is happening at Manual/YPAS? We have several open positions on the PTSA Board:
- Attend monthly PTSA meetings OR read minutes to learn about school-related news, activities, events, etc.
- Coordinate (with content contributors) obtaining information from magnet programs, school staff, etc. and write/edit/format content as needed
- Alert volunteer photographers of PTSA/school events and ensure photos are stored on PTSA drive and accessible to Historian/4th VP
- Assist Digital News and Social Media Coordinator(s) as needed
- This position is strongly supported by the 4th VP (Executive Board) and will hopefully transition into that role the following year
Digital News Coordinator(s)
- Monitor PTSA E-news Gmail account for submissions and create draft blog posts in WordPress app
- Compile weekly draft of Manual POST e-newsletter in MailChimp
Social Media Coordinator(s)
- Work with Communications Team to post regular updates to PTSA Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram channels in accordance with communications strategy
- Monitor school/club social media posts and share/re-post as appropriate
- Respond to questions posted in Facebook group when possible, or tag appropriate people
No experience is necessary other than a willingness to learn and some level of comfort with technology. If you would like to discuss any of these roles, please contact Delene Taylor.