Shadowing at duPont Manual High School
Manual welcomes the opportunity to allow your 8th grade, parochial, private, Anchorage, non-Jefferson county residents, home-schooled or out-of-state student to shadow a Manual student for a day.
Pursuant to JCPS district guidelines, current JCPS students are not allowed to shadow any JCPS high school. We look forward to meeting your JCPS student at Manual 8th grade Open House.
We have 8 possible shadow days. Choose one for your student to spend the day at Manual and experience our excellence, diversity and tradition.
Please click here to complete a Student Shadow Request form and sign up for a date that is convenient for your family.
The shadow day will consist of:
Drop off 7:40 - 7:50 am
- Parking is available in front of Manual on Lee St. and along Second St.
- Enter through the main doors into center hall.
- Someone will be there to greet your student and direct them to our auditorium.
- Parents, please wait in front of the school. Your student will be walked out to meet you.
- Lunch - $3.00 - Milk -$.35. Students may bring a lunch from home instead.
- Attire – common sense casual. No bare midriffs, sleeveless shirts, tank tops, sagging pants, super short clothing or anything that will be overly distracting to your student during the day. Please be comfortable, but recognize it is a school.
- Bring something to read or work on in case your host has a quiz in the classroom. Cell phones are only allowed out at the discretion of each teacher. A string sack for lunch, water bottle and a book works well.