As a result of the principal vacancy in July 2018 and per the SBDM Principal Selection Policy, a Principal Recommendation Committee, consisting of the SBDM Council and five additional members, is being formed. The PTSA has been asked to select one parent representative for the committee. The committee process and member responsibilities are described in the policy.
* You may vote in the election if you are the parent, step-parent, foster parent or legal guardian of a student who will be attending duPont Manual High School during the 2018 – 2019 school year.
The election schedule will be as follows:
|Nominations open – submit a nomination form||July 22, 2018|
|Nominations close||July 24, 2018 11:59 pm ET|
|Candidate profiles are published||July 25, 2018|
|Voting begins – each eligible voter* may submit one ballot||July 25, 2018|
|Voting ends||July 27, 2018 11:59 pm ET|
|Election results are published||July 28, 2018|
The following candidates have been nominated for the position of parent representative on the Principal Recommendation Committee:
|Candidate (link to resume)||PTSA Member 2017-18||PTSA Member 2018-19|
|Elizabeth Mays (ELECTED)||YES||YES|
|Lindsey Brown Ronay||YES||YES|
How to Vote
Eligible voters* are instructed to:
- Review the resumes of the candidates and
- Consider the selection criteria:
- Preferably have experience on any school-based board, non-profit board or any other similar organization, and
- Preferably be a member of the duPont Manual PTSA for the 2017-18 and/or 2018-19 school years.
- Then, submit ONE ballot, including information that identifies you as a parent of a current duPont Manual student, and selection of ONE of the candidates by July 27, 2018 11:59pm.
Ballots will be audited by representatives of the PTSA prior to certification of the results. Ballots by voters that are not determined to be eligible voters* and/or that submitted more than one ballot will be invalidated.
See the latest SBDM news for current information on the principal selection process,